Welcome to the Channel Classics Records website!
We offer News, CDs, SACDs, and Downloads (mp3, FLAC & DSD). Almost all of the 400+ recordings have been made by Jared Sacks, who founded Channel Classics Records at the Kanaalstraat (‘Channel Street’) in Amsterdam, 1990. Artists include Rachel Podger, Ragazze Quartet, Amsterdam Sinfonietta, Florilegium, Rosanne Philippens, Anna Fedorova, Ning Feng, Iván Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra.
Orders with physical products over 50 euros are eligible for FREE worldwide shipping.
We have a new website since May 2021, so you may need to reset your password to regain access to your account.
* For existing customers: please reset your password here to access your account again. Your previous orders will be there.
* For first time visitors: feel free to create an account here.
“The perfect combination of sound and performance”
Channel Classics Records is a quality record label based in Holland. Director, producer and recording engineer is Jared Sacks. Having grown up in Boston Massachusetts, schooled at Oberlin Conservatory and the Amsterdam Conservatory of music with 15 years experience playing French Horn, Jared decided to make his hobby of recording a profession in 1987. The label started in 1990 with the name Channel Classics coming from the street he lived on in Amsterdam. (Kanaalstraat).
- Outhere Music acquires Channel ClassicsChannel Classics is proud to be part of the Outhere Music family. Jared Sacks will continue to collaborate closely with Channel Classics to further develop the label and its unique spirit. Jared Sacks, Founder, Engineer and Producer of Channel Classics, says: “With teams in Brussels, Paris, Cologne, Milan, London, and recently Mexico, I am proud that Outhere Music will provide an even wider reach for Channel Classics. They will promote […]
- Recording Amsterdam Sinfonietta & Thomas OliemansWe have just recorded the album “Formidable!” French Chansons with baritone & pianist Thomas Oliemans, Amsterdam Sinfonietta, pianist Bert van den Brink, flugel player Ruben Drenth, and drummer Jens Meijer. Curious? Listen to this heart melting live TV performance of ‘Que reste-t-il de nos amours’ at Podium Witteman from 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNczHqPe8We were live in that studio and our first reaction was: Wow, let’s record a full album of this. “Formidable!” […]
- Brahms-cycle: Digital Box Edition!Iván Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra have now recorded and released Brahms Symphonies Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Channel Classics. Alongside the release of Brahms’ Third, we release the Digital Box Edition that features the Symphonies & Other Works by Brahms. “Leaving the best for last, conductor Iván Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra conclude their acclaimed and punctilious cycle of the symphonies by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) […]
- Oyster Duo and the ‘Stolen Pearls’On May 7, 2021 we released the album “Stolen Pearls” by the Oyster Duo. Nicholas Schwartz, double bassAnna Fedorova, piano The super innovative and versatile Release Concert video can be watched here. (For free.) Their funny and quirky 2-minute trailer video in which they actually steal pearls and perform music can be enjoyed here. (For free.) ClassicFM has posted their performance video of Schumann’s Fantasiestücke, now watched 50.000 times! Watch […]
- Winterreise in a warm bed of StringsIt appears that Martijn Cornet (Baritone) and Ragazze Quartet have created something very special indeed. The announcement of this new Channel Classics release has led to articles in national newspapers, various radio show performances & interviews, 5-star reviews, a livestream album release concert, CD of the Week specials, and a TV appearance. Wim ten Have arranged Schubert’s Winterreise especially for Martijn Cornet and Ragazze Quartet. The performance brings along a “disarming tenderness” (De […]