Welcome to the Channel Classics Records Website and Download Store.
On this website we offer MP3, FLAC and DSD Downloads as well as news items about Channel Artists & Albums. For physical products (CD/SACD) please shop here. Nearly all of the 400+ recordings have been made by Jared Sacks, who founded Channel Classics Records at the Kanaalstraat (‘Channel Street’) in Amsterdam, 1990. Artists include Rachel Podger, Ragazze Quartet, Amsterdam Sinfonietta, Florilegium, Rosanne Philippens, Anna Fedorova, Ning Feng, Iván Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra.
About Channel Classics
“The perfect combination of sound and performance”
Channel Classics Records is a quality record label based in Holland. Artistic director, producer and recording engineer is Jared Sacks. Having grown up in Boston Massachusetts, schooled at Oberlin Conservatory and the Amsterdam Conservatory of music with 15 years experience playing French Horn, Jared decided to make his hobby of recording a profession back in 1987. The label started in 1990 with the name Channel Classics coming from the street he lived on in Amsterdam. (Kanaalstraat).
- Editor’s Choice for Ragazze Quartet!‘In reviewing the first volume of Bartók quartets featuring these Dutch-based players I affirmed that ‘the Ragazze Quartet certainly cut the mustard. If Vol. 2 is as good as this, there’ll be cause to celebrate’ (7/19). Happily, I can suggest you raise a glass to this second volume, which is, if anything, even finer than the first.’ Bartók Bound Vol. 2 is Gramophone’s Editor’s Choice of this month 🥳.
- Channel’s Black Friday Sale!This year, Channel Classics celebrates Black Friday with a 15% storewide sale, with the exception of our 4 newest releases. The discount applies to all discs & downloads, from November 18 until November 29, 2021. We hope you will enjoy the discount and the music! Channel Classics RecordsBlack Friday Storewide Sale15% OFF Discs & DownloadsUse Code: BF2021 These 4 recent releases are not part of the 15% Off sale but […]
- New disc of Rosanne Philippens“I dreamt at length about forming an ensemble of Dutch top musicians to record the Haydn violin concertos and the arrangement of the Stravinsky Divertimento in a play&direct setting. Empty corona diaries suddenly presented a short-term opportunity. (…) Preparations for the present album have offered us much lightness in the dark months of the corona crisis.” Out Now on Disc, Download & Streaming platforms! Rosanne Philippens plays Haydn & Stravinsky […]
- Outhere Music acquires Channel ClassicsChannel Classics is proud to be part of the Outhere Music family. Jared Sacks will continue to collaborate closely with Channel Classics to further develop the label and its unique spirit. Jared Sacks, Founder, Engineer and Producer of Channel Classics, says: “With teams in Brussels, Paris, Cologne, Milan, London, and recently Mexico, I am proud that Outhere Music will provide an even wider reach for Channel Classics. They will promote […]
- Recording Amsterdam Sinfonietta & Thomas OliemansWe have just recorded the album “Formidable!” French Chansons with baritone & pianist Thomas Oliemans, Amsterdam Sinfonietta, pianist Bert van den Brink, flugel player Ruben Drenth, and drummer Jens Meijer. Curious? Listen to this heart melting live TV performance of ‘Que reste-t-il de nos amours’ at Podium Witteman from 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNczHqPe8We were live in that studio and our first reaction was: Wow, let’s record a full album of this. “Formidable!” […]